Tuesday 12 June 2012

IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE TRIED ENOUGH...!!!

Read my story………..

the wisdom in persistence.
Whenever something BIG is coming, it usually comes slowly.
Have you ever asked yourself why pregnant women had to undergo labour before delivering their baby? Size it is! Examine this; the same opening that gladly absorb the man organ haste fully and with excitement will later find it hell lose to release its product. The difference is size. The smallest baby at delivery point can never be compared with the biggest size of a man’s sexual organ.  The joy of having a child last forever, while the feeling of sexual excitement is only momentary. The size of your destiny is directly proportional to the size of its challenges.

We fail most time in life because we fail to attempt what ordinarily we are capable of doing. FEAR of failure kills our God given abilities. ………..I can do all things! If only you know that you can do that which you have always wished you do. Trust me; you can live your dream.

I don’t have a large dream. But I do know that I have one dream; to have not just enough for me, but for my continent. In terms of wisdom, influence, money and people. This simple dream of mine would not be realized until I believe I have all it takes to make it happen through the divine help and plan of God. I woke up to this reality, and jumped out of my comfort zone long time ago. My parents didn’t like my idea, especially my Father (now of blessed memory). His idea was good but I discovered I was carrying more in me than man could decide. The cold world outside my comfort zone was wicked and full of uncertainties. Rejection, hunger, bad influence, envy, costly mistakes and lots more are the order of the day. I contemplated going back but thinking twice, I had to move on.

My first attempt was to join a brother of mine who was a petrol attendant in a filling station. I begged him to give me fuel to sell as black market. I was in my senior secondary school then and was ready to go. The petrol business worked but I later discovered that my destiny was at risk. I switched to photography (Prince Michael World of Photography). I learnt the work and got a camera. It promises to be nice but soon got bad. 

I moved on to GSM business but it failed (Embassy NO. 1). I moved back to my photo trade, changed name (Ever Shining Photo) and strategies. This time, the photo trade worked and then new life started. Along with my photo trade, I teamed up with a friend in House Block making business. Hmmmmm….! It was nice. I added MC (Master of ceremonies). Then I added Radio and TV presentation. After some years, I tried Restaurant business. Year 2004, I started zioni weddings; a wedding planning outfit that I cherish so much. I spent a lot of money in my own size to set it up. But it also did not worked out. I rekindled this concept again last year 2011 with a new name; Bridal firm. I love planning and wish to help people in that regard. I am not tired of trying. All these experiments were on while I was going through my school programmes.

At a point, I checked my life and discovered that what I was getting was not taking me to my dream land. I had some money and knew some people but had no purpose. So I had sit and decide what to do. Then I discovered that vision was missing in my life. For the first time, I felt empty and unfulfilled. So I was advised to try and attend a seminar. I did, and believe me, that was a new beginning. Since then, I have not stopped attending good seminars no matter the cost as long as it’s within my reach.

Once again I started my attempt experiment. At this junction, business already runs in my blood. So it was hard doing free things. But my new attempt then was to start an NGO that will help the youths find their place in life. I hate unemployment and poverty and was das determined to do everything legitimate to help youths get out of it. I started Zional Foundation. Hmmmmmmmm…….! It was not easy. I spoke everywhere at every opportunity for free. I lost all my businesses because I had no time to monitor them again. Yet I was not getting money from my new project. I travelled everywhere seeking for help but all I got was rejections and disappointments. My father was scared for me. Friends, life is wicked!

From Kabba in Kogi State to Ibadan in Oyo State and Ikere in Ekiti State. Yes! Those are states of sojourn. Finally, I once again joined my late father in Abuja; A new beginning so to say. At my arrival to Abuja, I was sure very broke. But that was not the life Mike wants. So I attempted some few things. I tried selling Kulikuli(got a link of its supply from Minna) but it failed. I attempted transporting Yam to my village to sell, that also did not work. I attempted operating a Barbing saloon, it failed. Nawa ooooo! All those around me can tell you more of my attempts. They always think I am too complex and rigid. Some think I feel too big to work or serve people. But few of them are supportive. 

Finally, I decided to sell Gari. That became the breakthrough I needed.
I added style to my Gari production and branded it. My Gari (Gari Sioni) became a hit and introduced me to kings and Queens. The Gari is not developed for hungry people but those who derived pleasure in taking Gari. Now things have changed. I picked up my NGO project once more. If you are reading this today, that means the NGO project has succeeded to an extent, because the project is expected to promote this platform.

Of a recent, I also have attempted few things. Forgive me if I am attempting too many things. I have to. My favourite idea is to have a Magazine, I have tried severally but it has not worked. I have tried stating a Block industry and today, the Builders Block is alive. I also have attempted writing a book and today my first title is in the Press. I have attempted creating an online youth development magazine(www.ayemafrica.com). If you are reading this that means the site is already live on the net.

Friends, if you count very well, you will find out that, in my 32 years of living, I have attempted well over Twenty (20) ventures. It has not been easy I must confess, but Mike is a lot better today. Forgive me; I also tried love…..hmmmmmmm…..! I almost lost my destiny on that line of love, but was rewarded with Zion a handsome boy. Trust me, it was hell.
So, how many things have you attempted that you are giving up?

Semiye Michael
Author, Speaker, Coach, Anchor and Business motivator.
Fb & twitter- semiye Michael
msemiye@yahoo.co.uk, 08187202309

No comments: