Thursday 16 August 2012

'I want to leave my footprints in the sands of time': Beyonce Knowles


'I want to leave my footprints in the sands of time': Beyonce Knowles sings for world peace after teaming up with the United Nations




Beyonce Knowles is hoping her 2011 song I Was Here becomes a new anthem for world peace after she sung the track at the United Nations General Assembly Hall in New York earlier this month.
see more photos....click under
 


The singing superstar performed the track, which was on her album 4, at the event on 10 August, and has dedicated it to the upcoming World Humanitarian Day.
Sitting down with U.S. host Anderson Cooper, she told him how she hopes the song will leave a positive influence on the world.

She said, 'It says, "I want to leave my footprints in the sands of time" and it basically is all of our dreams, I think. And that’s leaving our mark on the world. I feel like we all want to know that our life meant something."

Beyonce continued: 'We all have our purpose, and we all have our strengths...it feels so wonderful to do something for someone else. And I think for the U.N. to want to include the whole world was something important, and I feel like that’s what I represent.'
She was joined on the show Anderson Cooper 360 with under-secretary-general and emergency relief coordinator Valerie Amos.
Amos said about partnering with global chart superstar: 'This is really about saying to everyone out there that this is a day that’s both a commemoration because there are a lot of people who lose their lives trying to help people. But it’s also a celebration of the things that people do.'
Beyoncé is donating the proceeds of her album track I Was Here to World Humanitarian Day on 19 August, and previously said about the charitable event: 'We all see the headlines and we think what can I really do to help?
'World Humanitarian Day is an opportunity for all of us to work together to make a difference. This is our time to leave our mark on the world and show that we were here and we care.
For us at Ayemafrica, this is an inspiration.

No comments: